Ard gedeelde items

Saturday, May 29, 2010

busy but balanced

Last week I've been busy. Still glad that people I met noticed I was relaxed. I felt that way to. Why? Well lot of stuff going on but still managed to keep the balance with my personal business.

When thinking about how to support businesses and more important the people who work with and whitin those businesses to regain the balance, taking time to reflect about your own behaviour is valuable.

The effect of taking control over that balance last week resulted in delivering my support in a flexible and agile way. Information I had access to because of my knowledge or the knowledge of the people I know was delivered in the right format and at the right moment. A collegue of mine was able to finish a well thought-out proposal in record time.

The quote of Danah Boyd twittered by Peter de Haas last week was typical for what happened. "Information is power, but intepretation is more powerful," - Danah Boyd, speaking at the at the O'Reilly Gov 2.0 Expo -

This is what I meant when I made some changes to the Wikipedia entry 'informatielogistiek' when preparing a college on this topic (Dutch). Interpret information leads to knowledge.

Thinking over a lot of these things was done at home and I could put them together within my minimum fysical presence. Left me some time for my self too.

Good results, busy and well balanced.

No comments: