Ard gedeelde items

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Exploring New Orleans 2

This morning is well spent exploring a little of New Orleans. Just a day to do so and I choose to get on the bus and hunt for a treasure in New Orleans City Park. The street car is out of order for two months. That would have been better, but the alternative suits the purpose.
I went to cementery near City Park. On my way to the hotel in the ariport shuttle I spotted the graveyard. It was a big collection of little houses. A special place.
The bellman at the hotel asked me what my goal for today was. Walking and exploring New Orleans was my answer. He warned me to take enough water with me (or bear, but that was not a very good idea). It was very hot indeed and I was glad that I took two bottles with me.
The city park is a nice place. A little bit a swamp, think about those southern america films with the sounds that goes with it. I found the geocache grand entrance and went back to the hotel, took a shower and drank a lot of water.
Ready for the next event, goning to register for the wpc09 I guess.

No comments: