Ard gedeelde items

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lots of tweets lost in cyber space; social media #fail

A few days ago june 14th I discovered the loss of about half of my tweet count and history. Social media is increasingly used by enterprises for there communication. Communication within the firewall, but also outside of it. To communicate with colleagues but also with customers or the public. Using twitter as a microblog platform has it's drawback... No contract, no SLA, no garantees and no backup.
Keeping this in mind is necessary when considering adopting microblogging as a tool to implement a social media communication platform. In my case loosing my tweet history is not a disaster, still it is not what you expect from the platform and I do check on that history now and then. As part of coporate communication one can not afford to loose this history. Sometimes even it is legaly necessary to keep this communication history in a archive and deal with it as a record.

No comments: